City of Hermann Recycling Center
- The city’s recycling center is located at 314 East Sixth Street.
Recycling Center Hours
- Monday-Tuesday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Wednesday 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Thursday-Friday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Saturday 7:00 to Noon
- Closed Sunday and all Holidays observed by the City of Hermann
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but we will be able to manage recycling better.
- Glass should be rinsed and lids need to be removed. Brown and green glass does not need to be separated. Place in the bin marked specifically for glass.
- Cardboard should be flattened and placed in the wire baskets marked specifically for cardboard.
Newspapers, Magazines, Office Paper, Shredded Paper
- Newspapers, magazines, office paper, and shredded paper are all accepted. Please place paper in the boxes marked specifically for paper. Please do not use plastic bags, cardboard boxes or metal.
- All plastic bottles and containers should be rinsed and free of any food or product. Lids must be removed from containers. No containers that contained hazardous waste can be recycled. No metal allowed. All metal handles and lids must be removed.
- Plastic bags are not accepted at our facility at this time. If you use plastic bags to deliver your items to the recycling center, please empty the content of the bags, and then place plastic bags in the dumpster provided. Please do not place any plastic bags in the recycle bins as they gum up the machinery at the recycling plant.
- Styrofoam is not accepted as a recyclable material. We have no use for it and if placed in our bins we have to throw it away at our cost.
Used Motor Oil
- Take used motor oil to the City Street Shed between 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. DO NOT LEAVE USED OIL AFTER WORK HOURS.
Please, no garbage
Garbage attracts rodents, insects and other animals, which create a health hazard as well as a mess on the grounds.
Your cooperation in following the rules is much appreciated as an entire load of materials delivered to the recycling plant can be rejected if it does not meet the standard requirements.
We are making every attempt to make changes that improve the City of Hermann Recycling Center. Please assist us by doing your part to keep it clean, and follow the rules that we have in place to make the center as efficient and profitable as possible.
Signs are posted that help in the placement of your recyclables. If you have any questions, there is usually an attendant on duty who will be happy to help you. Call the City Office at 486-5400 if no attendant is available and you need immediate attention.
We will keep the public informed as much as we can when any other changes occur in the future.
The city’s compost site is on John Bartel Drive, just east of the Industrial Park.
City of Hermann residents are permitted to deposit yard waste at the City Compost Site without charge.
Leaves, grass clippings, yard and garden vegetation, logs no longer than sixteen feet in length, tree stumps clean of dirt, soil and debris, and Christmas trees are permitted. Roots or shrubs with intact root balls are not permitted.
Commercial and Non-Resident User Fees:
- Pick-up Truck Load $40.00 per load
- Trailer (under 12′) $70.00 per load
- Trailer (over 12′) $90.00 per load
- Roll-off Containers $100.00 per load
- Chip Truck $40.00 per load
- Tandem Axle Dum Trucks $120.00 per load
- Single Axle Dump Trucks $70.00 per load
Each time a user visits the City Compost Site, the user will be required to provide information in a log book kept at the composted site for record keeping and invoicing purposes.
A penalty in the amount of $100.00 per load shall be imposed for all illegal dumping. If the penalty involves a failure to register, the penalty shall be $100.00 plus 50% of the applicable user fee.
The following items will NOT be accepted:
- Construction debris
- landscaping debris
- Plastic Bags
- Rail Ties
- Utility Poles
- Brush mixed with wire
*THE COMPOST SITE IS FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF HERMANN RESIDENTS*
*FEES APPLY FOR COMMERCIAL AND NON-RESIDENT USERS*