City of Hermann Recycling Center
- The city’s recycling center is located at 314 East Sixth Street.
Recycling Center Hours
- Monday-Tuesday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Wednesday 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Thursday-Friday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Saturday 7:00 to Noon
- Closed Sunday and all Holidays observed by the City of Hermann
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but we will be able to manage recycling better.
- Glass should be rinsed and lids need to be removed. Brown and green glass does not need to be separated. Place in the bin marked specifically for glass.
- Cardboard should be flattened and placed in the wire baskets marked specifically for cardboard.
Newspapers, Magazines, Office Paper, Shredded Paper
- Newspapers, magazines, office paper, and shredded paper are all accepted. Please place paper in the boxes marked specifically for paper. Please do not use plastic bags, cardboard boxes or metal.
- All plastic bottles and containers should be rinsed and free of any food or product. Lids can be kept on containers. No containers that contained hazardous waste can be recycled. No metal allowed. All metal handles and lids must be removed.
- Plastic bags are not accepted at our facility at this time. If you use plastic bags to deliver your items to the recycling center, please empty the content of the bags, and then place plastic bags in the dumpster provided. Please do not place any plastic bags in the recycle bins as they gum up the machinery at the recycling plant.
- Styrofoam is not accepted as a recyclable material. We have no use for it and if placed in our bins we have to throw it away at our cost.
Used Motor Oil
- Take used motor oil to the City Street Shed between 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. DO NOT LEAVE USED OIL AFTER WORK HOURS.
The city’s compost site is on John Bartel Drive, just east of the Industrial Park. An attendant is on duty.
- Monday through Friday, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to noon
- Closed Sunday
Tree trimmings must not exceed 4 inches in diameter and 8 feet in length. Smaller limbs should be placed in an orderly manner, all facing the same direction. Bushes with roots must be cut apart, not to exceed 6 inches in diameter. Leaves and grass trimmings are accepted. Please place in designated piles.
No trash, plastic bags, paper bags, tree stumps or tires will be accepted.
The compost site is for the convenience of Hermann residents only.
Please, no garbage
Garbage attracts rodents, insects and other animals, which create a health hazard as well as a mess on the grounds.
Your cooperation in following the rules is much appreciated as an entire load of materials delivered to the recycling plant can be rejected if it does not meet the standard requirements.
We are making every attempt to make changes that improve the City of Hermann Recycling Center. Please assist us by doing your part to keep it clean, and follow the rules that we have in place to make the center as efficient and profitable as possible.
Signs are posted that help in the placement of your recyclables. If you have any questions, there is usually an attendant on duty who will be happy to help you. Call the City Office at 486-5400 if no attendant is available and you need immediate attention.
We will keep the public informed as much as we can when any other changes occur in the future.