The City of Hermann owns and operates its own electrical distribution, water/sewer and natural gas systems. Utility offices are located at City Hall, 1902 Jefferson Street.
City water is supplied by four deep wells. Other than chlorine injection there is no treatment of the water, which is regularly tested in accordance with the Clean Drinking Water Act.
Sanitary waste is processed through a .35 MCD aerated lagoon disposal system with two processing cells and one polishing cell. A .46 MCD aerated lagoon is used primarily by the Industrial Park.
Trash collection is handled by a private contractor. For information regarding rates, collection times, and recycling programs, call the city office, 573-486-5400.
HERMANN MUNICIPAL UTILITIES
All utility customers are billed for the usage registered on their electric, water and gas meters monthly. The bills go out the first of each month and are due by the fifteenth (15*) of that month. If a customer’s account is not paid by the fifteenth (15*), a ten percent (10%) penalty is assessed to the account. The City Collector then mails a “Reminder”, which advises the customer of the delinquent status and of the prospective termination of service, if the account balance and penalty are not paid in full by the twentieth (20*) day of the month.
If the balance and penalty are not paid by the twentieth (20*) day of the month, the City Collector notifies the City Administrator, Chief of Police, and the Superintendent that the customer’s account is delinquent.
THE SERVICES WILL THEN BE TERMINATED WITHOUT ANY FURTHER NOTICE.
At the time of termination of service, a written notice, “door tag”, stating the procedure for reconnection of service is left at the premises.
If service is terminated, the Superintendent will inspect the service to the premises to determine compliance. If areas of noncompliance are found, the Superintendent will inform the customer in writing of the nature of the deficiencies. The Superintendent will not authorize connection of service until all noted deficiencies have been remedied to the satisfaction of the Superintendent.
Additionally, to have service reconnected, the total bill plus penalty, reconnection fees and any additional deposits as required, will have to be paid in full either by cash or money order. No personal checks will be accepted.
The Electric Department shall not disconnect the residential electrical service of any delinquent customer who is a registered elderly or handicapped customer or who is the custodial parent or guardian of a child under the age of fifteen (15) years if:
- The customer files a written notice with the City Collector, on a form provided by the Collector, attesting to the fact that the customer is (a) over the age of 60 years, or (b) suffering from a medical condition or handicap that prevents the customer from leaving the residential premises without the assistance of another person, or (c) is a qualifying parent or guardian of a child under the age of fifteen (15) years who resides in the same premises; and such form is attested to by a physician or representative of a state social welfare or child welfare agency who verifies the existence of the qualifying condition; and
- The recorded high temperature within the City during the day of prospective termination has been over 90 degrees F or below 32 degrees F.
Subject to other express conditions of this Section, termination of electrical service may be made by the Electric Department on the first day that the high temperature within the City is between 32 degrees and 90 degrees F, or on the day immediately following such day.
Per Hermann Municipal Code, Section 700.010; Section 705.080; Section 710.060; Section 720.190; Section 720.290; Section 720.300; Section 725.180; Section 725.182.
Hermann Fire Department
City of Hermann Fire Dues
Attn: Randi Vette
Hermann, MO 65041
Residential Electric Rates
- $30.00 per month customer charge, plus $.0969 per kilowatt-hour
- Dusk to Dawn Lights, $10.00 per month each
Commercial Electric Rates
- Light Rate No Demand — $30.00 per month customer charge, plus $.0957 per kilowatt-hour
- Light Rate Demand (100 KWs or less) — $30.00 per month customer charge, $6.00 Demand Charge, plus $.0838 per kilowatt-hour
- Power Rate I (more than 100 KWs) —$60.00 per month customer charge, $6.00 demand charge, plus $.0795 per kilowatt-hour
- Power Rate II – (more than 500 KWs) —$125.00 per month customer charge, $6.00 demand charge, plus $.0711 per kilowatt-hour
- $3.50 per month, plus ccf cost, which is listed on the monthly utility bill
- September 10, 2017 $0.77/ccf
- August 10, 2017 $0.78/ccf
- July 10, 2017-$0.78/ccf
- Minimum Charge — 2,000 gallons, $15.90
- 2,100 to 3,000 gallons $23.70
- 3,100 to 4,000 gallons $31.50
- 4,100 to 5,000 gallons $39.30
- 5,100 to 6,000 gallons $47.10
- 6,100 to 7,000 gallons $54.90
- 7,100 to 8,000 gallons $62.70
- 8,100 to 9,000 gallons $70.50
- 9,100 to 10,000 gallons $78.30
- 10,100 to 11,000 gallons $86.10
- 11,100 to 12,000 gallons $93.90
- 12,100 to 13,000 gallons $101.70
- 13,100 to 14,000 gallons $109.50
- 14,100 to 15,000 gallons $117.30
- 15,100 to 16,000 gallons $125.10
- In excess of 16,000 gallons, $2.90 per 1,000 gallons or a fraction thereof
$21.75 service availability charge, plus $.0036 per gallon of water consumed